US Veterans can receive acupuncture at 6th Sense Health and Wellness Center at NO CHARGE to them.
The Veterans Choice Program is one of several programs through which a Veteran can receive care from a community provider like 6th Sense Health and Wellness Center, paid for by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). For example, if a Veteran needs an appointment for a specific type of care (such as acupuncture), and VA cannot provide the care in a timely manner or the nearest VA medical facility is too far away or too difficult to get to, then a Veteran may be eligible for care through the Veterans Choice Program.
To use the Veterans Choice Program, Veterans must receive prior authorization from VA to receive care from a provider that is part of VA’s VCP network of community providers. The authorization is based on specific eligibility requirements and discussions with the Veteran’s VA provider. VA must authorize care that is needed beyond the scope of the first authorization.
HOW TO HAVE THE VA PAY FOR YOUR ACUPUNCTURE AT 6TH SENSE HEALTH AND WELLNESS CENTER
- Veterans seeking to use the VCP can call 866-606-8198 to learn more about the program or confirm eligibility.
- Contact the VA and let them know that you would like to use the Veterans Choice Program for acupuncture to treat for a condition. (pain, PTSD, depression, insomnia, fatigue…etc)
- Upon eligibility authorization from Health Net (usually within 3-5 days), notify your VA office that you want to be treated at 6th Sense Health and Wellness Center in Winston Salem NC
- You will be notified within 3-5 to schedule your appointment.
- 6th Sense Health and Wellness Center will then receive approval of treatment and the number of treatment sessions the veteran is authorized
- 6th Sense Health and Wellness Center works directly with the VA so your out of pocket expense is ZERO for acupuncture
IF YOU NEED ANY HELP JUST CONTACT THE WELLNESS CENTER at 336-723-4400
WE ARE HEAR TO HELP YOU